Friday, March 12, 2010

Project #2

So my first project was a success, as seen here:

I decided to move on to the next one. It seriously took me a full day to decide which project to do! Seriously. I thought perhaps I needed a bookshelf for my office. I do like organization :)
Sooooo from the Logan collection as found at Poverty Barn, I started on the Logan wide bookshelf.
If anyone is curious I did this one by myself. My husband cut the plywood into 1x16 strips and I did the rest :)
I changed the placement of the 1x2, supposed to be in the front, I put in the back.


Trim has been added. Now this is the point where I realized that I didn't have the project really Square...grrrr.... I spent the better part of 3 hrs trying to figure out how to either mount a door/or drawer in a non-square project! Guess what? didn't happen LOL
This one is the learning curve project



OUCH!!

So, I decided to use 1/4" x 3/4" trim found at HD for all the raw edges. I also used bath caulk for the seams. It works great!
2 coats of Kilz primer

No comments:

Post a Comment